erion insurance erion insurance erion insurance erion insurance erion insurance

we'll be your guide

snazzy helpful checklists.

erion home insurance


erion auto insurance


erion business insurance


questions frequently asked.

Do you have trailer/seadoo/atv/boat/motorcycle insurance?

Of course! We are a full service brokerage and we'll work with you on all your vehicular insurance needs. Think of us like a pet dog: we are a trusted companion who will protect you and we love playing at the park.

What is a deductible?

A deductible is how much you pay toward damages before Erion pays towards a damage claim. For example, if your deductible is $500 and your car costs $800 to repair, you'll be responsible for $500 and we'll pay the remaining $300. Luckily, you have options when it comes to deductibles and we'll help you choose the right one.

What do you suggest is a good amount for my deductible?

Like beads of sand in an hour glass, everyone is different. Your insurance needs are unique to you and we're committed to helping you choose the right deductible and premiums. Giving you the choice allows you to be part of the process and to control your costs. The most common amounts for auto insurance are $500 and $1000.

How are you and your policies different from big companies like the other guys?

We are independent, and we work for you. That's a great motto but what does it mean? It means that we can shop around for the best policy among many insurance companies and give you options.

How do I know if I should put a claim through or pay it on my own?

It's better to be safe than sorry, especially with car insurance due to the nature of liability. With home insurance, there are a few more factors to consider. Is the claim greater than your deductible? Did you purchase an accident waiver? We can help you before you even file your claim. For example, we can help understand the cost or potential cost of the claim. Don't be worried to call us and ask for our advice, we're on your side!

How do I get a hold of a claims adjuster?

You don't need to worry about that – just get ahold of us and we'll do the rest.

Will my home/auto rate change on renewal?

Yes, year-by-year rates are assessed. Insurance is based on communal principals and how much the larger fund gets used will dictate how rates change. As always, we'll be your partner to advise you through the process.

I bought a new car. What paperwork do you need to add it to my policy?

Congratulations! We just need three things to add your new car to your policy:

  • The Vehicle Identification Number
  • A copy of the ownership
  • A copy of the bill of sale to tell us the value so we maximize your coverage in the event of a loss

My son/daughter is getting his/her G1. Do I have to add them to my policy?

No, not for G1. But this could be a good entry point to start an insurance relationship. Talk to us about how you can benefit.

My son/daughter just got his/her G2 drivers license. What do you need to add him/her as occasional driver?

It's really simple – we need 4 things to get coverage in place:

  • Your son or daughter's birthdate
  • Their driver's license number
  • The date they passed their G2
  • A copy of the driver training certificate from local MTO or Service Ontario kiosk

Will my auto rate change once I turn 25?

YES - happy birthday to you! We'll take the edge off of your ‘quarter life crisis' by applying a discount to your auto insurance.

I just moved to Ontario and looking for auto and home insurance?

For us to provide the best pricing available for you, it is important that you provide your insurance history from your previous province or state. This can be a letter of experience from your prior insurance company. In the case of auto insurance, a drivers abstract from provincial or state transportation authority.

Can I lend my car to a friend or relative? What happens if they get into an accident?

Yes! Friendship is wonderful! The owner of the vehicle can give permission to any licensed driver and still receive the benefit of insurance coverage.

How do I know how much I should insure my contents for?

You don't really have to know every piece of property you have – that's the benefit of our comprehensive home coverage package.

Do I need sewer backup coverage? Can I decrease the limit amount?

Sewer backup coverage is also known as broadwater damage coverage or sump-pump failure coverage. These types of coverage are more and more common as finished basements have become popular. Needs and limits change, so you have the freedom to choose the limits that suit your circumstance. You can also affect your coverage rates if you use things like electronic generators, sump-pumps, backflow valves or automatic water shut offs.

I'm going on vacation for a week. What do I need to do?

Have fun, relax, read a good book. Oh, and if you have home insurance, try to ensure someone is checking on your house on a regular basis. Things they should look for are water leaks, temperature changes within the house and signs of forced entry.

Oh, and don't announce your vacation on social media. It's hard to relax on vacation with a large red target on your back.

Do I really need accident waiver

Absolutely, if you are able to buy it, absolutely. See what I did there? If you qualify based on years of being accident-free, then it's protection from rates being adjusted. New to home side, old for auto side.